Friday, July 24, 2026

A game design concept in the making: SpyGames (Update): Epilog

Hello its Bonus blogging time again, and its personal project update time again! Because today I'm giving my final quick update on Adventures In SpyGames.








The logo for Adventures In SpyGames


When we last left off, I discussed my with progress with obtaining more first person footage and voices giving myself till today to either have a working prototype/demo or call it quits. Today Im giving some quick updates on where things are now.


Unfourtunatly I came to the desicion to scrap the project, at least for now See with everything going on in my life outside of this project: My lack of success and avoiding responsibility in trying to find a job, my attempts to get back into getting a driver's license, my growing lack of interest and frustration in executing this idea before a strict personal deadline has kind of put me at a wits end.


I dont want to cancel this project because I know I have a good idea, but I just cant keep taking it and at the rate im going, i dont think I'll ever have a fully working game.


And its not just that either, I also ran into a farmilliar problem once i started adding more and more video:





Yep, It just forgets how to start it in the right place again! But that isnt even the worst bit, just as soon as i was about to send over the footage for the Apple II filter, My laptop charger, just, stopped connecting right!


I dont know whats causing it but the only way i can charge it now is by siting it on its side like this:






Seriously!


I know im gonna get a new one soon but, this has really hampered me more than i already am. Combine this with the stress and tenseness I was feeling after my driving test and neglect of my other responsibilities and I was now finnally ready to just swallow that hard pill and just pull the plug before this project just destroys my mental health.


In conclusion, while this project has been a complete disaster and i wasnt able to fufil my goal either at the end of 2025, or even now, I have learned to to just let things go a little and learn that this was kind of an enevitable end. And like i said looking back this project, at least ive had a good run and its at least led me to meet some interesting people. Will I ever come back to this project? Maybe. Again I know I have a good idea and i feel like if i can execute it the way how im invisioning it, it could truely be something special, But with everything thats going on both in my life and outside of it it would be impossible. But a good idea never fanes, and a good idea is never forgotten. but for now, that wraps it up for my entry today, as always, Thanks for reading! see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment